Saturday, April 19, 2008

Photographing Alaska

My interest in photography was born two years ago during that road trip from Georgia to North Carolina. Danny was already an old pro, while I had never really ventured beyond my five-dollar disposable cameras. Immediately after returning home from that trip I went out and purchased my first digital camera. Since then, my interest has grown rapidly and I have sought to gain as much knowledge as I could from Danny's expertise.

Alaska will really give me a chance to put this knowledge to the test, but I suspect that I'll still be the one doing most of the learning. While Danny has been all over the world with his camera, I've only been to such exotic locations as northern Minnesota, the east coast of Maine, and Michigan's upper peninsula. This will definitely be a new experience for me and I plan to make the most of it. But I don't expect this to be my last trip to Alaska either. There's only so much you can see in one week.

No comments: